Wednesday, November 13, 2013

True Heroes


The bravest people I know
are not necesasrily those that burst into the fiery building
rescuing the ashen fallen
though that is certainly a courage
worthy of generations' retelling.

The bravest people I know
are not always those those who hold the front line
when unceasing cannons relentlessly bombard the bunk
lighting it up with acrid smoke and blaze
as grateful as I am for their selfless Spartan safeguarding of the land.

You may even think the bravest people I know
are those who speak their mind with authority.
Convincing all of their principled path.
Moving people to fall behind their freedom's ways
And that too has its important and honored place,

But to me the bravest people of all
are those, who often unsung, live
unprotected, unguarded and authentic,
Ever simply open.  Asking for and giving the love for which this
world so desperately hungers.

Theirs is the most rare courage of all.
They are the true heroes.

Inspired by EOR

1 comment:

:Doreen said...

'nice to know this space is always here for me...